Friday, April 24, 2020

We Will Never Be The Same

COVID-19 STAY-AT-HOME ORDERS has got me to thinking...

About what you might be asking?

How Covid-19 is effecting/affecting Americans in the sense of The Declaration of Independence which states:  "...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowded by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

Beautiful words written by thoughtful, insightful, and intelligent people...  BUT, we all know that once we get past the words...  that this phrase will never be true.

Why am I making such a claim?

Look around you at this COVID-19 Pandemic..  are all people equal in how they are trying to survive and coping?

HELL NO...

How much suffering have the:

  1. Billionaires endured?
  2. Millionaires endured?
  3. Congress endured?
  4. Governors endured?
  5. New Anchors endured?
  6. Reporters endured?
  7. Hollywood Celebrities endured?
  8. Professional Athletes endured?
  9. Professional Musicians endured?
  10. Middle class endured?
NONE...

Listen to me...
I am 72 years old, suffering from 2 kinds of cancer and heart disease, retired and living off of Social Security and Savings...  and, I have not suffered at all except not being able to vacation in Destin, Fl last month, not being able to go out to a restaurant or to a movie theater, or just visit a Starbucks at the nearest Shopping Mall.

Why is this?
     I have no debt
     I have enough money to pay my bills
     I don't need to work
     I don't live "high on the hog" as they say
     I've been spending most of my retired time in doors anyway
BUT,
what about those who have to work?
what about those who have debt?
what about those who have children living at home?
what about those who earn $50,000 a year or less?
what about those who live paycheck-to-paycheck?
what about those who are handicapped?
what about those elderly living alone?

These people who report the news have no frigging idea how people like this live nor do they seem to care...  because all they seem to care about is showing how much fun they are having with their pets and trying to convince others (who are not as well off as them) to remain positive because we are all in this together.

BULLSHIT...



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...