Thursday, April 16, 2020

Honorably Discharged from US Navy 1972

My rank was E5, I was in Communications, and we had just returned from a Med Cruise and I decided I would not shave my face until we returned to Norfolk...  but, I decided to keep my beard for another 6 weeks since that was the date for my discharge.  Admiral Zumwalt was CNO (Chief of Naval Operations) and according to one of his Z-grams, sailors could grow full beards and their hair could be undetermined in length as long as it did not interfere with military head gear...  Many "lifers" retired because of Zumwalt...   but, I enjoyed the opportunity he provided us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...