Thursday, April 23, 2020

Being the Middle Child

If you are a middle child, or 
have a sibling who is a middle child, you may be wondering if “middle child syndrome” is a real thing.

Middle child syndrome is the belief that middle children are excluded, ignored, or even outright neglected because of their birth order. According to the lore, some children may have certain personality and relationship characteristics as a result of being the middle child.



This author is a middle child and strongly feel like I was treated differently by my older sister and younger brother but THEY BOTH SWEAR that this was not the case and that I am imagining something that simply did not take place and that I am laboring under a false set of assumptions but it does not really matter nowadays other than I would like to be proven, once and for all, that I was correct in my assumptions.

One issue however is true and that is the fact that I was a REBEL and broke just about every rule that my parents set into motion around the house, and my REBEL behavior was so bad that I was arrested by the police for breaking and entering, grand theft auto, and grand larceny.  All of this took place before I graduated from the 8th grade.

If anything was done wrong in our parent's house, I was blamed or became the scapegoat.  In fact, I remember one Christmas when my brother attended a live-in private high school and I was married and my brother visited us first before we all drove down to meet our sister and her family and parents to attend a Christmas Eve Church Celebration.  He did not want to go to Church so he asked me to leave late and drive slow...  When we arrived at my sister's home. everyone was walking out of the house to go to Church and my brother cried out, "It was my brother's fault...  he did not want to go to Church so he drove slow."  Everyone was mad at me for the rest of the Christmas Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...