Wednesday, April 22, 2020

I Have Control Issues...

WHEN I WAS GROWING UP:

▶️Every morning I had to make my bed using hospital corners and the sheets had to be so tight that a quarter would bounce when dropped onto them...

▶️Everyday, I had chores that I had to accomplish for which I was paid at the end of the week, like...

  1. feeding the dog
  2. walking the dog
  3. cleaning-up the basement area
  4. washing the windows
  5. mowing the yard
  6. washing and waxing the car
  7. raking-up and burning leaves
  8. digging a 3 inch trench on either side of the sidewalk to remove the grass
  9. washing/drying the dishes
  10. putting dishes back in the cabinets
  11. setting the table for dinner
  12. putting away the folded clothes left on my bed
  13. changing light bulbs when necessary
  14. carrying in the groceries from the car
▶️As far as my weekly allowance was concerned, I had to save half of it and the rest I could spend anyway I wanted to spend it...

▶️Breakfasts were scheduled as follows...
  • Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays - eggs with bacon/sausage/scrapple
  • Tuesdays - oatmeal with cinnamon toast
  • Thursday - pancakes/french toast with syrup
  • Saturdays - cereal with a pastry
  • Sundays - waffles with syrup or fruit
▶️Every Sunday, we attended both Sunday School and Church Services even when sick unless we were bed ridden and this included vacations although we did attend Sunday School until we graduated from high school.

Consequently, once I graduated from high school and throughout my entire life after high school up until today (at age 72), I have been against all those who have tried to control me, including spouses...


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...