Friday, March 27, 2020

Trouble in paradise...

It does not take long at all for two people to be at each other's throats when being forced to live together 24/7 without taking any kind of break away from each other.  It is even more difficult when both parties are alpha and have no desire to turn loose of that personality in order to keep the peace...
And...  once the words and the comments are made, there is no way in hell that they will ever be taken back or forgotten and will unanimously be brought to the surface in future arguments...

This couple is now DEAD IN THE WATER.

We have been retired together for 3 years now and to be quite honest with you, this last year has been rather hateful...  She wants me to work as hard as she works, even though I am 5 years older than her and am undergoing treatment for 2 cancers and have ongoing back problems...  She does not think that is a problem because first, she does not believe that I really have back problems and two, if she had back problems she would take a pain pill and continue.

We are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

The final issue is that she does not RESPECT me in anything that I do, in anything that I say, or in anything that I believe...  I am always wrong and she is always right...  that said, she never apologizes and never says that I am sorry.  Not only does she not have respect for me, but she has no respect for my brother, sister, parents, or my daughter...  I remember her telling me one time that, "no wonder your parents hated you so much."

All my friends also treat her bad whereas all her friends treat me perfectly...

Her main complaint is that she refuses to let me control her while at the same time, she spends all her efforts trying to control me by:
  • telling me what clothes to wear
  • telling me how to mow the yard
  • telling me how to talk to people
  • telling me how to drive the car
  • telling me how to empty the cat litter box
  • telling me how to feed the cats
  • telling me when I should get a haircut
  • telling me where we are going on vacation (denying all my ideas)
Does this sound like a supportive wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...