Friday, March 20, 2020

A Day In The Life...

From 1962-1966, I lived in the Digla community about 20 outside of Cairo, Egypt and attended Cairo American College (High School) in Maadi which was adjacent to Digla.  Since foreigners could not work in Cairo, we, as students, had no choice but to travel through Europe during the summer months...  I know this sound horrible but someone had to do it...  lol

I graduated in 1966 and there were 28 students in my senior class from about 18 different nationalities.  The Valedictorian of our senior class was a Hungarian Communist...  who would have ever thought that...

There was no cafeteria at the school, so we brought our lunch each day and since Friday was the Islamic Sabbath, we did not go to school on Friday, but did go to school on Saturday which seemed a little "OFF" to me...  Monday through Thursday, we could have added 90 minutes and had a three day weekend...

Anyway...  those were good days for me...  and, it was not until I graduated high school that my bipolar disorder really kicked in...

My first two and half years in college were miserable for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...