Monday, March 23, 2020

A New Day

There is always a new day for me, even though I know that one day my luck will end...  although, I have been told that "luck favors the prepared," and while that does not really apply here, it is still nonetheless a clever phrase.

I have performed calculations a dozen times to make sure that I have no overlooked anything...  and if... I were to die today, there is enough money saved (not included the value of our home) to pay my wife's bills for 25 years...   that would take her to age 92 since she is currently 67...  and if, she needs another 5 years, the value of our home would cover that, leaving 80 grand or so as an inheritance to our survivors...

Knowing this...  leaves me with a sense of relief, in that there is nothing more that I need to do if my life needed to be forfeit.  That is not to say that I want to die, but that I can die without regrets at the end like so many tend to have.

Lives and experiences are always relative...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...