Thursday, March 26, 2020

I'd rather be...

The first time I saw the posted sign, it read:  "I'd rather be fishing."

While it was somewhat funny at the time, given that none of us who saw the sign really wanted to be working, I personally did not like to fish and still don't like to fish...  Fishing reminds me of major league baseball...  slow and boring...

However, when my parents had an ocean front cottage on the Outer Banks of NC, I recall numerous times where vehicles would be parked all over the side of the road and in driveways because the "blues were running..."

Apparently, when the big blue fish are running, it is not just really easy to catch a bunch of them quickly, but they push smaller fish in towards the shore, making it really easy to catch them with one's hands or a net, like flounder.

I remember one man who was fishing right in front of our cottage, had filled up two coolers with flounder and had a tarp where half a dozen of more 200 pound blue fish were laying in less than an hour...

This kind of fishing is definitely not slow and boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...