Saturday, March 21, 2020

Estranged

My brother and sister do not get along and I am not sure if we ever did get along.  My sister is 4 years older than me so she was in college when I started high school, and my brother is 8 years younger than me, 12 years younger than my sister, so he essentially grew up as an only child.  I was in college when he was in the 5th grade.

Recently, he told me that we had nothing in common...  why did he tell me that?  I suggested that we get together once or twice a year, do things as brothers and get to know each other...  that was his comment.

I am 72, he is 64 and when I am 80, he will be 72...

Putting the issue of age aside, my sister and I have nothing in common either, other than our parents; in fact, we are complete opposites on many issues.  She likes to spend money while I like to save it for later.  She wants to be a socialite while I don't give a damn about that kind of social status.  My brother is a billionaire and does not believe that he needs to financially help out his brother or sister since we could have become like him if we had really wanted it as bad as he did...  of course, that is BS...

Our parents sent him to an expensive PREP SCHOOL which put him in the middle of multi-millionaires and billionaires which led him to Harvard which lead him into investment banking which led him into the world of venture capital, leveraged buyouts, and flipping multi-million dollar companies like one might flip a residential house.

He offered to send my daughter to Harvard and pay all of her tuition and while I wanted to decline, she was actually the one who turned down his offer because she wanted to make it on her own, but with MY help not HIS.

And then the divorce came, and my daughter blamed me for everything and we get along about as well as my brother and sister do.

It is really difficult to understand me and be my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...