Thursday, June 18, 2020

Younger Years

During my younger years, I was considered the REBEL of the family because not only was I unconventional but I made a point of breaking as many rules as I possibly could, including those that might get me thrown into jail or at that time, reform school.  A Diplomatic Government Employment Position taken by my father got me out of a very uncomfortable predicament and provided me with a second chance to live my life according to the rules...


And...  while the rules after that point-in-time were seldom broken, I still did not apply myself to the degree that I should have applied myself in order to be successful; therefore, my life and career were nothing but mediocre and my income was average or below what a person with my education should have been earning at the time.

About 80% of my career was me doing exactly what I wanted to do which was basically living an average life with the other 20% doing what I did not want to do with me living a life of contradiction and compromise.  It was this 20% that prevented me from being successful because of my rebellious nature and the people who tried to control me.


This self-control that I wanted over my life and my decisions and my actions caused me to change places of employment frequently and put me into a non-growth career orbit constantly moving from one lateral position to another rather than MOVING up as would be the case if I were normal.

HOWEVER...  this behavior did not prevent me from acquiring a 45 year career nor did it prevent me from saving money so that I could have a relatively financially concern free retirement which is exactly what I am experiencing now.  I want for nothing...  I do what I want to when I want to...  But, I am not wealthy and suspect that I will never be wealthy...  so, my wants are proportionate to my financial abilities, letting me live the exact same way I lived when I was working...  SO...  I have lost NOTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...