Tuesday, June 16, 2020

2020 Election

I am not a registered Democrat nor am I a registered Republican...  however, when I first started voting in Presidential elections, I voted Democrat...  because at that time, it was the Democratic Party that shared most of my thoughts with me.  Over the years, I have transformed into a CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRAT because I still harbor many of my LIBERAL VIEWS but I also believe in being financially conservative. 

Now here is my DILEMMA...  In 2016, I did not vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump because I just did not think either one of them gave me the choice I needed and I did not believe in voting for the lesser of the two evils.

SO...   what to do in 2020?

Here is what I ask myself?

Am I better off today than I was in 2016?

My answer is YES...

What do I think might happen if Biden wins in 2020?

My answer is:  MY TAXES WOULD INCREASE...

There are a lot of other issues which create more questions about:
  1. Racism
  2. Congress
  3. Anti-Trump
  4. Impeachment
  5. Law Enforcement
  6. Wealth Inequality
  7. Equality
  8. Media
  9. Foreign Affairs
  10. Healthcare
  11. Terrorism
  12. Russia/China
  13. Military Power
  14. US Debt
  15. Who owns US Debt
BUT...  all of those issues do not really influence my finances as directly as taxes does...  I have lived for 72 years and have seen Presidents come and go as well as Congresses come and go and one thing that I realize is this:  in the 1960's is when I became interested in politics and from 1965 until 2020 (55 years), NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN THE USA... we have the same social problems in 2020 that we had in 1965...

Consequently, my decisions now are based entirely upon what is best financially for my wife and I and the result is LESS TAXES...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...