Sunday, June 7, 2020

AM I RACIST???

I have never thought of myself as being racist especially since I went to high school in Cairo, Egypt and there were 18 different nationalities in our graduating class in 1966 but that was 54 years ago and a person's personality can change as well as their likes and dislikes and I suppose prejudices as well.

What I do know is this:

  • I don't enunciate words like blacks do
  • I don't dress like blacks do
  • I don't like rap or hip hop music
  • I would not date a black woman
  • I would not go on vacation with a black couple
  • I would not attend a black church
  • I would not wear my hair like some blacks do
  • I would not eat some of the food that blacks eat
  • I would not share a motel with a black male
  • I would not want my daughter/son to marriage a black person
However,
  • I don't mind sitting next to a black person in a restaurant
  • I don't mind sitting next to a black person in an airplane or train
  • I don't mind standing in line with a black person
  • I don't mind sitting next to a black person at Myrtle Beach
  • I don't mind sitting next to a black person at a movie or concert
  • I don't mind sitting next to a black person on the deck of a cruise ship
  • I don't mind being served by a black waiter or bartender
  • I don't mind being taught by a black professor
  • I don't mind being given a speeding ticket by a black highway patrol person

NO MATTER WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOES OR DOES NOT DO WHEN IT COMES TO RACIAL INEQUALITY...  THESE THOUGHTS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY NEVER CHANGE...





No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...