Saturday, June 20, 2020

Ain't It Funny

When I was growing up in Alexandria,VA just 8 miles south of WashDC, we referred to non whites as NEGRO...  Non whites did not like that especially because of the slang term that soon developed and so they wanted to be called COLORED PEOPLE...  then, after a while, they did not want to be called COLORED and asked everyone to refer to them as African American...  That term lasted a long time until some of the African Americans thought their heritage was important so they asked to be called BLACKS.  For some reason and I do not remember why, they did not like like term and wanted to be referred to as PEOPLE OF COLOR...

Excuse me for being WHITE and STUPID because my ancestors supported slavery, but isn't PEOPLE OF COLOR very similar to COLORED PEOPLE...

By pointing this out, I must be RACIST...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...