Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Incompetent College Grads






During my 45 year career over 30 years was spent in and around education on the Junior College, College, and University levels which also included teaching classes to employees of a variety of industries...  These classes revolved around economics, business management, strategic planning, project management, goal setting, process improvement, statistical problem solving, and ISO quality standards.  My college level course were all business and project management related and I taught classes to more than just business students who had decided to enroll in one of my classes as an elective.

What I found surprised me...
  • No one did their homework
  • No one read the Chapters that were going to be discussed that day in class
  • No one wanted to ask questions just wanted to be told what to think
  • No one took notes based upon my lectures
  • No  one had college level problem solving skills
  • No one had college level drilling down on the subject skills
  • Everyone wanted to be told exactly what I was expecting and that is all they gave me
  • Most everyone wrote at a 10th grade high school level
  • Most everyone had piss poor reading skills
  • Most everyone had limited presentation skills
Why did this surprise me?

Because these people, when they graduated would become employees somewhere, and I doubted how much they would contribute to the productivity of their respective companies or be able to properly contribute to the company's growth...

This type of incompetent college graduates are, in the long run, going to hurt the long term strength of our company and underscore their inability to be able to globally compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...