Friday, June 26, 2020

DO YOU FEEL SAFE IN THE USA THESE DAYS?

Personally...  I no longer feel safe in the United States of America for a couple of reasons...  
  • First, I am 72 years old and weakened physically because I have been fighting cancer for over 12 years...  
  • Second, racial unrest has left me with a FEAR OF BLACKS because I worry that they might take out their anger about SLAVERY on ME because I am WHITE...
Currently...  I will not visit any of the larger cities like:  Washington DC, Atlanta GA, New York City NY, Chicago, IL., and all cities like this...  whether I can drive by car to these locations or fly..

These last few days, my wife and I have been vacationing at Myrtle Beach, SC and wherever we go whether it is on-the-beach at tourist locations around the city, we AVOID BLACKS whenever possible...  and, if we have to pass by them, we never look at them as we pass and especially never look them in-the-eyes just in case they misinterpret our gaze. 

OUR ACTIONS ARE WRONG...  but, current events across the country have put us in an uncertain situation when it comes to black people and we would rather be safe than sorry...

We do not share these same concerns where we live in East TN but when away from that location, including Knoxville, TN (only 30 miles down the highway) this is how we feel...

HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?

HOW IS LIFE AROUND US GOING TO CHANGE GOING FORWARD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...