Sunday, June 7, 2020

LAW ENFORCEMENT is NOT THE PROBLEM

Law Enforcement, like mother-in-laws,  is a necessary evil...  All of my experience with law enforcement has been on the Interstate Highways as a result of being stopped for exceeding the posted speed limit and the irony about me being stopped is that I was the last car in a pack of cars all of which were exceeding the speed limit but I was the easiest one to catch since I was at the end...  needless to say that PISSED ME OFF and I have had little respect for law enforcement ever since.
  • I have never driven recklessly
  • I have never moved in and out of lanes to get around slow cars in 4 lane roads
  • I stopped driving under the influence in 1990
  • I stopped driving all night without sleeping
  • I stopped driving when I was sleepy
  • I never exceed the speed limit when children are in the car
  • I never exceed the speed limit when someone else is in the car
  • I never drive fast in residential communities
  • I never drive fast because I am late for work - I always make sure I leave early
  • I never drive fast when it is raining hard
  • I never drive fast when ice is on the roads
  • I never drive fast in the fall after leaves have falling and it is raining
  • I never tail gate the car in front of me
  • I assume everyone else on the road does not know how to drive

1987 - turned 40 years old
You must also bear in mind that I:
Quit smoking at age 40
Quit drinking at age 40
Started eating healthy at age 40
Started driving carefully at age 40
Decided I wanted to live to at least 95

Once I set my mind to something, I generally do EXACTLY WHAT I HAD IN MIND...

BUT,
this is about LAW ENFORCEMENT and how they abuse their power and what I have come to realize after living 72 years, there are many people IN POWER who ABUSE THEIR POWER...  it just seems to be the nature of the game in the USA...

  • My parents abused their power
  • My teachers in high school abused their power
  • My college professors abused their power
  • My military leaders abused their power
  • My employers abused their power
  • My ministers have abused their power
  • My friends have abused their power

SO, 
it comes as no surprise to me that LAW ENFORCEMENT would abuse their power, especially when it is convenient for them and often when they perceive their lives are at risk.

  • Protesting is going to do no good
  • Killing police personnel is going to do no good
  • Additional training is going to do no good
  • De-funding police departments is going to do no good
  • Eliminating police departments is going to do no good
  • Restructuring police departments is going to do no good
  • Creating equality is going to do no good

WHAT IS GOING TO WORK THEN?

Obviously, no one can answer that question because if they had, it would have already been done...  and that is the really SAD PART HERE...  This same shit was around in the 1960's when I was growing up and NOTHING HAS CHANGED...

AGAIN, if all of our leaders really wanted this type of crap to change, they would have done something long ago to STOP IT or TO CHANGE IT...   but, it continues...   but, it persists...   but, it is always there...   but, the general public continues to complain...


SINCE THE 1960's WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE (OR DID NOT WANT TO) STOP
:
  1. Racism
  2. Gender Inequality
  3. Racial Inequality
  4. Financial Inequality
  5. Corporate GREED
  6. Illegal Immigration
  7. Illegal Drugs (being used or coming into this country)
  8. Our failing educational systems (K-12)
  9. Congressional Leaders that LIE
  10. Crooked Politicians
  11. Gun Violence
  12. CIA BLACK OPS
  13. Mismanaged FBI (J Edgar Hoover for example)
  14. A manipulated MEDIA
In 1966, I had just graduated from high school in Cairo, Egypt and my father worked for the American Embassy and the entire family had DIPLOMATIC PASSPORTS...  conversations at our dinner table were about sensitive data that were not always share with the American Public but which was shared with Foreign Diplomats overseas...  MY FATHER should not have talked about it but he did...  OUR GOVERNMENT...  many times...  tried to OVERTHROW foreign governments with the intentions of replacing the current leader with a new leader that was more favorable to the USA....


In this regard, most of our actions were HIDDEN...

If this was going on outside the USA can you imagine what MIGHT HAVE BEEN COOKING inside the USA?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...