Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sunday Morning in East TN

 AND...  it don't git no mo' better than this...

I always look forward to Sunday mornings here because we have a local restaurant chain PERKINS, that has a philosophy where each owner can pretty much do his/her own thing...  I have been going to Perkins here since 1993, and about that time I met the owner who only goes by the name of OTTO...  obviously, he is of German descent and manages his restaurant like a precision German Watch Manufacturer when building and assembling the parts.

I have visited other Perkins restaurant both north and south of this location and NONE OF THEM come close to comparing to the quality of food that OTTO and his team prepares daily.  Otto is retired and his son is the new manager but every once in a while, we see OTTO somewhere around helping out as he provides the right example rather than providing the right orders and/or instructions.

When my wife and I go there Sunday mornings it is usually for breakfast and I always get an EVERYTHING OMELETT
E with breakfast potatoes, and three pancakes and endless coffee.  AND...  every Sunday morning, I always eat half the omelet and half the breakfast potatoes and none of the pancakes, taking it all home.  So, I have the other half of the omelet and breakfast potatoes on Monday, and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday eat my three pancakes with sugar free Strawberry jelly.  

FIVE MEALS for the price of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...