Friday, May 21, 2021

Our Minds/Brains

My daughter told me after she had graduated from college that she had a photographic memory that all she had to do was read something and she would remember it.

I knew a person in college who had a photographic memory and he never went to class because when it came time for mid-term exams or final exams, he would just read the chapters and ACE whatever test was put in front of him.

Are people who have that skill and/or ability smarter than the rest of us?

Is having that skill and/or ability the only key to a successful career?

Personally, I had no problems remember stuff about which I was interested and that is fine as long as one has a wide range of interests which I did not have at the time was in college and to this day still don't have a wide range of interests.  But, I still had a successful career although I guess it really depends on how one quantifies success.

I suppose one could study the information and through that process remember information but I always found studying to be boring, especially those classes that were totally based upon memorizing the data.  For me, memorizing is not learning.

BUT... for what other reason have we been given a brain or mind depending upon which word sound better to you.  And, are our minds clearly our own...  that is to say do we really control our own thoughts, beliefs, and dreams?

Does the person with a photographic memory have the ability to daydream and believe that their daydreams are their own and nothing something that they read about somewhere along the way?

The same holds true for one's ideas.  Are they their ideas or someone else's idea about which they read along the way?

Does it really matter if their bosses accept their ideas and are never aware that they came about from reading another person's ideas?

Success is success I suppose no matter what the capability of one's brain/mind is...  as the key to life is getting to that point where you can retire or continue working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...