Sunday, May 30, 2021

End... then... Begin...

For 73 years, I have ended and begun again 12 times a year...  that is to say for 71 years, I have ended and begun anew 12 different months with the understanding that my first year, there were only 2 months, and my current year I have only gone through 5 months.  Consequently, I have experienced  860 ends and beginnings...

What is the point of evening thinking about something as meaningless as this?

First of all, nothing in life is meaningless and secondly, endings and beginnings are the fundamental aspect of life itself as we are saying goodbye to our youth, to our high school, to our college if applicable, to our military if also applicable, to our marriage, if we have been married, divorced, then remarried, and to our work if we are fortunate, like yours truly, to be retired.

When we awake each morning, we have the privilege of beginning a new day and in my case I have experienced and begun over 26,000 old/new days.  And, there were lessons to be learned, if open to it, from each day to which we have said goodbye..

So...  beginnings and endings are a integral aspect of our lives whether we think about it in that context or not...  We should learn something everyday and it does not have to be something new, it could be a reinforcement of an idea or concept or feeling that we have already experienced.

Each day, at least for me, is a BLESSING...  and, until you experience each new day with that attitude, you have no idea how that feels or what that might mean to someone...

So...  that alone gives us an opportunity to learn something new...


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...