Sunday, April 11, 2021

Not Yet Recalled

Like my father before me, our legal names are the same...

Like my father before me, I have a strong Christian faith...

Like my father before me, I served my country in the military...

Like my father before me, I've been frugal with my money...

Like my father before me, I like physical work...

Like my father before me, I retired as soon as I was fully eligible...

Like my father before me, I am dealing with a blood disease that could take my life...



UNLIKE MY FATHER BEFORE ME, I
  • rebel against the rules
  • am not diplomatic at work
  • have changed employers several times
  • am a conservative liberal
  • am a writer of poetry
  • divorced and remarried
  • am not as financially stable

If I could live my life over again...  and, that is a big IF...  would I change anything?

My answer has always been a resounding NO.
For example:
  1. Should I have continued with my music lessons?  YES
  2. Should I have been more diligent with my high school studies?  Maybe
  3. Should I have waited to get married the first time?  NO
  4. Do I regret dropping out of college?  NO
  5. Do I regret enlisting in the military?  NO
  6. Do I regret getting a divorce?  NO
  7. Do I regret getting remarried?  NO
  8. Do I regret changing jobs so many times? NO
  9. Do I regret getting fired so often?  NO
  10. Do I regret my education?  NO

What is interesting here is the fact that ended up exactly where I was intended to end up in my life...  otherwise, I would not be here...  I would be somewhere else but I am not...  so, what's the point of thinking what else you could have or should have done?

Outside of my declining health, I have everything that I need or want at my age.  
I don't need more money.  
I don't need a bigger house.  
I don't need a better car.  
I don't need more clothes.
I don't need more computers.
I don't need more hair.  
I don't need more talent.  
I don't need more friends.  
I don't need more interests. 
I don't need more faith.  
I don't need more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...