Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Another Favorite

I cannot go anymore than 2-3 days maybe 4-5 days without eating rice and I am not talking about a product made with rice like Rice Cakes but the real thing.  Yes...  I know brown rice is more healthy but I like white rice and my favorite rice is BASMATI followed by Jasmine.  I like wild rice or brown rice in restaurants but not at home and the problem is that I probably don't know how to cook it right.

So...  let use Basmati for this meal.  

I usually use a 1/3 measuring cup as full as I can get it.  Typically, the water is doubled but since I put a lot in the cup, I am going to use almost 1 cup of water.

For some reason, I cannot use a gas stove to make good rice, so I use an electric cook top and a copper pot exclusively manufactured for this cook top.

I put in 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil (more but not less) to which I add almost a tablespoon of black pepper.  Next, I put in the rice, followed by the water, then I sprinkle in a generous amount of the spice Rosemary.

I select 2-3 Green Onion, cutting off the heads and about an inch of the dark tails and chop up everything else and add them small slices to the pot.

I set the temperature to 175 and let it come to a boil.  Next, I put on the lid and reduce the temperature to 150- 160 and set the timer for 25 minutes.

While the rice and onions are cooking, I get 2 vege sausage patties out of the freezer and while they are still frozen, dice up both of them.  I put the diced vege sausage into a small frying pan after spraying the cooking area of the pan with PAM spray.  It only takes about 5 minutes to cook these sausages on a gas stove.

I get 2 eggs out of the refrigerator and crack them into another bowl being careful not to get any of the shell into the bowl.  I add about 1/2 cup of milk and stir vigorously with a fork or whisk.

The more the eggs are whipped they more fluffy they become as you cook them.  Once they are whished to my satisfaction, I pour the mixture into the frying pay with the cooked vege sausage and begin cooking them with my fork.

It only takes a couple of minutes to cook the eggs if your stove is on a high setting so I use a milder setting and cook them slow.

Once they are done and if I timed it right with the rice, I lift the lid to the pot of rice and pour the eggs and sausage mixture into the rice and blend everything together.

I put a hot pad on a plate, put the pot of rice, eggs, and sausage on the hot pad and go into the living room to eat my meal while watching a recording of ANCIENT ALIENS.

Note:  if you want to kick it up a notch, cook some green bell peppers with the  sausage before adding the eggs.  You might also want to start cooking the peppers before adding the sausage for several minutes...  the peppers are diced as well for faster cooking.

You can also add diced tomatoes...  and/or celery...  corn...  carrots...  etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...