Monday, April 12, 2021

Bitchin' Bobby Here

 

One issue that grips the hell out of me is all the commercials that are aired during any kind of programming from sports to comedy to series to news...

For every 60 minute show, there are at least 12-15 minutes of commercials...  and it is more like 20 minutes but I never clocked it...

My wife and I pay for cable and with our monthly subscription comes the ability to record shows.  As a result of that ability, the only show I actually watch in "real time" anymore is the news...  all the others that I want to watch, I simply record and watch later, including sports...

When I finally want to watch these shows, I simply fast forward through all the commercials and I can watch each show in about 45 minutes...  and, it may actually be 40 minutes...

NOW...  I realize that companies have to advertise, especially on TV because 30-40% of the people watching these commercials, do so so that they can buy stuff or are convinced to buy stuff because of these commercials.  I make a point of not buying anything based upon a commercial because these companies manipulate the truth...

I do my own research on the internet or visit the stores and talk to people or read Consumer Reports to get the facts before I purchase anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...