Sunday, August 2, 2020

Sex... Violence... Language...

I have been watching television and going to the movies since 1957 (quite possibly earlier) and what I have come to realize that over the years, CENSORSHIP HAS DECLINED (quite possibly because American values have declined) and that in 2020 (starting in 2000 or earlier) outside of comedies and sitcoms, American Television and Movies are ALWAYS produced and directed so that they incorporate heavy doses of:

SEX
VIOLENCE
DIRTY LANGUAGE

and... to a lesser but just as important degree incorporate:  CIGARETTE SMOKING & DRINKING ALCOHOL

SEX...  VIOLENCE...  DIRTY LANGUAGE... is what most AMERICANS want to see these days?

WHY?   
AND, more importantly, what does that tell you and me about the personalities of the American People?

How many children are exposed to sex, violence, and dirty language when watching TV, going to a movie, or streaming a video to their phones or tablets?

What have we, as parents, overlooked and neglected as part of our parental guidance and direction?

My daughter is in her 40's so what happens to our children does not bother me a bit other than for me to expose it in my writing...  but it should bother YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...