Friday, August 7, 2020

LIVE FREE or Live Controlled

Ronald Reagan once said, "freedom is just one generation away from extinction."  Looking back on Reagan's Administration, I find this amusing because I was a Kennedy Democrat then and saw Reagan as an actor just reading a script.  And, perhaps that's exactly what he was and just had good advisors or perhaps he was an INSIGHTFUL CONSERVATIVE...
           
In 1776, our country was founded on the idea of 3 principles:  LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS...  in essence, our Founding Fathers form a country so that its citizens could LIVE FREE...

Over the years, our citizens have lost sight of what it really means to LIVE FREE and have assumed that LIVING FREE will always be here.

BUT, what does LIVING FREE mean to each of us?
For me, it means:
  1. not having the government tell me what to do either with my body or my health
  2. not having to pay high taxes to support those who do not want to work
  3. being able to say what I want when I want
  4. being able to firearm if I ever wanted to buy a firearm
  5. being allowed to worship without being harassed for my beliefs
  6. serving in the military for being born in this country
  7. honoring all the laws of this country
  8. being able to work for whatever employer I want to
  9. being able to have access to quality healthcare
  10. knowing I will receive equal treatment under the law
  11. knowing that this country will protect my freedoms
  12. being able to work as hard as I want to
  13. being able to make my own choices
  14. believing that government is looking out for my best interest
  15. being able to earn as much wealth as I want to without being penalized                                 
In 1981, I graduated from the Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC with an MBA (after passing 60 hours of accredited courses) that focused on Small Business Management and Strategic Planning...  and, because of that education quickly realized that the DEMOCRATIC PARTY did not really follow any of the principles of GOOD MANAGEMENT or Generally Accepted Management Procedures, so in my mind, I switched to the Republican Party because of its CONSERVATIVE BELIEFS and PRACTICES...

I strongly believe that CAPITALISM and following GOOD MANAGEMENT PRACTICES and PRINCIPLES is the ONLY AVENUE forward that will allow us to LIVE FREE...
  • We cannot live free in a country where the government does not pay off its debt
  • We cannot live free in a country where the government increases taxes on the general public
  • We cannot live free in a country where the government increases taxes on the wealthy
  • We cannot live free in a country where there is NO RULE OF LAW
  • We cannot live free in a country where the inefficient government manages enterprise
  • We cannot live free in a country where the military is WEAK
  • We cannot live free in a country where its government pays the people not to work
  • We cannot live free in a country where GOOD MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES are not followed
  • We cannot live free in a country where the government does not allow the equal to be unequal

Let me explain this last statement
All men and women are created equal in the eyes of GOD, but we also know that all men and women are not really equal at all across the board when it comes to:
athletic ability
mental ability
artistic ability
musical ability
ETC.

AND, while we would like all men and women to be equal in regards to the law, we know that this will never be the case simply because those people with money can hire better lawyers than those people without money...  under the law, you get what you pay for...

OUR GOVERNMENT CANNOT legislate out of society these inequalities unless it mandates that EVERYONE, regardless of what you do, gets the same amount of money each year...

And, to do this would DESTROY CAPITALISM and turn America into one of the poorest countries in the world, allowing CHINA, RUSSIA, the Middle East, and North Korea to CONTROL OUR FREEDOM...

We would no longer be LIVING FREE...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...