Thursday, August 6, 2020

Because I Have Nothing Better To Do...

At 72 years old, retired after working for 45 years, and fighting two different kinds of cancer, my ability to be mobile has been severely curtailed especially with the COVID-19 Pandemic that has invaded the USA.  I have a low white blood cell count because of all the chemo and radiation I have had and also a low red blood count for the same reason(s) which makes me a little anemic.  My chemo treatments are monthly and I take daily immunotherapy pills so my travel plans again are limited; consequently, I have found myself spending more and more time at home.

While at home, there are daily chores inside the house that must take place as well as chores outside the house that must be done as well especially in the summertime when mowing grass and weed eating takes place on a weekly basis and trimming bushes is typically done in the fall.  Anything else that arises is dealt with as it occurs and completed like a leaky water hose or a broken window or cleaning out the garage.

Consequently, I have a lot of free time on my hands which allows me to post comments on LinkedIn and Facebook, published posts daily on my 4 blogs, and work my the novels that have been rolling around inside my mind for a few years.

A Biopolar Scorpion is only one of three other blogs.  The other blogs are:

Reflections: White Scorpion which is my poetry blog and is where I publish all my current and previous poems that I have written.

A Journal of Daily Pages is my blog where I post all these thoughts and opinions that I have each day and also allows me comment on any and all current events.

My Cancer Odyssey is obviously about my ongoing battle with cancer(s) plus I post current health issues that are of importance like being admitted to the hospital for 6 days to fight a Staph infection that had gotten into my blood stream and spread throughout my body.

The COOL thing about all of this is that I post whatever I want, whenever I want, regardless of what the reader likes or dislikes...   and, I will continue to post these comments even if NO ONE EVER READS THEM...

WHY?

Because I have nothing better to do with my time...

I can spend a whole day posting comments on these 4 blogs and 2 Social Media Forums and before I realize it, my day is over and it is time for me to go to bed.  Because of my desire to write, all my days pass by quickly.  I used to write all this stuff in a notebook that only I read but decided recently that if I am going to write, why not post online and see if anyone identifies with my thoughts, feelings, and comments.

As far as I am concerned, I will continue to do this (regardless of the response) until I am physically unable to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...