Monday, August 10, 2020

Just Letting it Happen...


A mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.

Possible causes include a combination of biological, psychological, and social sources of distress. Increasingly, research suggests these factors may cause changes in brain function, including altered activity of certain neural circuits in the brain.

The persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of behavioral and physical symptoms. These may include changes in sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behavior, or self-esteem. Depression can also be associated with thoughts of suicide.  
The mainstay of treatment is usually medication, talk therapy, or a combination of the two. Increasingly, research suggests these treatments may normalize brain changes associated with depression.  SOURCE:  MAYO Clinic

I have been in and out of depression all my life which did not manifest itself until College but I am sure when I look back on some of my behavior, I had periods of depression in high school.

I was never suicidal nor did I believe my depression was severe enough to see a doctor so I dealt with my bouts of depression on my own...  and, I am sure that oftentimes I pulled myself out of my depression or at least thought I did, but I don't believe that was the case at all.  This may sound strange but at 72 look back on my life and realize that my life has never been my own...  I have always somehow been directed because I have always ended up in a place that I had never planned to go.

I am not one to boast about my faith or openly declare my faith, but there is no doubt in my mind that God or some divine entity has moved me in the directed that has been predetermined for me to go.  My entire life has already transpired in the eyes of God or his surrogate and adjustments have been made unknown and unsuspected by me to make sure that I move in a certain direction.  This path includes my heart attack, my Lymphoma, my melanoma, and my hospitalization due to a Staph Infection.

Consequently, I no longer try to control where I think my life should be going...  I just let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...