Sunday, June 27, 2021

The Mall

Today, I spent in Knoxville at the Mall, and while I was there got myself some vanilla cappuccino from Starbucks and watched the most recent Fast and Furious movie which was a little more hard-to-believe than some of the others, although, the special effects were not so spectacular as they were well done...


As I walked around the inside of the Mall, I realized that I was mixed in with a group of visitors, none of which had their facemasks, and none of whom I saw as any particular color other than Americans...  yet, I am sure that there were plenty of black, Hispanics, and Mexicans all around me.


Nobody looked out-of-place or that they did not belong there...  I saw males, females, families, and people who were by themselves.  I saw people that were well dressed and those who looked like they had spent the morning at the lake.


The whole time that I was at the Mall, I was thinking about why I did not want to be WOKE and why I did not particularly care for Critical Race Theory...  because the ones I was around were just a bunch of different people who wanted to spend some time at the Mall on Sunday.


While we were walking my wife was surfing the web and all of a sudden blurted out, "did you know the richest actor in Hollywood is a black person?"  My first thought was brought brought that about...  but, all I said was, "no shit" and continued walking?


But to myself, I was wondering why all this fuss about blacks being suppressed by whites...  and, then I wondered how I would have done my job if I had spent my career in law enforcement...  but, I was a teacher and spent my career in front of all kinds of people...  some were smarter than others and some did not want to talk, and some could not write well, but they were all students trying to make a better life for themselves.


Since my coffee was gone, we decided to leave the Mall and return home and spend the evening enjoying whatever it was that we wanted to do...  like watch a Korean movie with sub titles or post articles to a blog.


Isn't this the way is supposed to be in America?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...