Friday, June 18, 2021

Thank God It's Friday

I am not so much a religious person as I am a spiritual person.  I believe in a
creator, but I cannot say for sure that this creator is God, Allah, or Buddha...  however, one issue that I find strikingly interesting and curious is the fact that ALL MAJOR MYTHOLOGIES have similar if not identical stories.  For example:

  1. They all have a creation story
  2. They all have gods/angels coming down from the heavens (skies) story
  3. They all have a great flood story
  4. They all have a death and resurrection story
  5. They all have some sort of heaven we go to after death
  6. They all have stories about sky creatures giving them technology
There are some people around the world that believe in a COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS that is to say that all awareness, knowledge, wisdom, experiences are housed in our vast universe inside this cosmic consciousness that can be tapped into an utilized by individuals that have been given this ability to do so.  Is this where Einstein got his knowledge, or De Vinci. or Tesla, or Van Braun?

And, if our CREATOR did in fact create everything (and there is really no other logical explanation to have) then why did this Creator give us so many RELIGIONS, if he also knew that there was ONLY ONE TRUE RELIGION?  Seems rather irresponsible to me unless it was intentional in the hopes that we learn something from each one...

So, where did THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY come from?
And, are we really thanking God when many of us don't believe in God?

However, throughout my career, I have always looked forward to FRIDAYS and the two days off, but now that I am retired, Fridays no longer seem like a big deal...  And, when I was working Fridays became the day that there was always a traffic accident on the highways because someone was in a hurry to get home and begin their two days off.  I either wanted to leave early or late on Fridays but never at 5 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...