Tuesday, September 15, 2020

What Most Leaders DON'T DO...

LEADING BY EXAMPLE


During my 45 year career, I very seldom saw any person who supervised others leading by example...  other than myself when I was put in a position to have subordinates with worked with me and not for me.  Here was my MOTTO:  Don't ask anyone to do anything unless you have done it yourself knowing you can and did it better.

Once you realize that you can and did do something better, it is difficult to stand back and see how well they are going to complete the task without complaining, taking shortcuts, not putting forth 110%, and/or not achieving goals and expectations.

If any of these happen, you COACH but not COMPLAIN...

One of my first examples of this was when I was eating lunch at McDonald's during the LUNCH HOUR and this particular franchise was very busy.  The franchise manager stood behind the front line workers in his starched white shirt and tie and yelled at them to work faster, criticizing if something was done wrong, but not correcting.

A few days later, I was eating lunch at Chick-fil-A during the LUNCH HOUR and this particular franchise was just as busy as McDonald's and the franchise manager was in a starched white shirt and tie and was standing beside his front line workers lending a helping hand.

I trust that anyone who might be reading this can see the difference in LEADERSHIP and that this was truly an example of LEADING BY EXAMPLE...



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...