Tuesday, September 1, 2020

East TN Humidity

As we approach the Labor Day Weekend and the unofficial official end of summer, humidity levels in East TN force many people inside as one can easily feel the moisture in the air without it raining and either you are in a pool of water or sitting in front of a fan, you are still miserable.  Labor Day Weekends are typically filled with family activities that revolve around cooking outside on a grill and I wonder if that past time will still be observed this year with our unfriendly Corona Virus Pandemic.

People who do not wear a face mask, do not wash their hands, and do not social distance do have that right and the rest of us should support their right to die.  However, most of these people will not die, they will simply pass the virus along to others who may not be that fortunate.

As far as our humidity is concerned here in East TN, it has been in the upper 80's with only slight evening rain while we sleep and in the afternoon of the second or third day like this, when I went to mow the lawn in the afternoon, the grass was still wet close to the ground because of the humidity.  While mowing my acre lot which is not that much land, I had to stop and clean the riding lawn mower out twice...  and no, I was not mowing it on a low setting...  and yes, I had the flap pulled up with a cord.

This morning, I decided to sit out on the porch for an hour or two and while the temperature is not that high, the air is still, full of moisture, and the longer I sit out here the harder it becomes for me to breathe believe it or not.  I have a little fan on the table beside my table and chair and when I turn it on, it mitigates the humidity and I am relative comfortable but now cooler than I was before since I am sitting out here in just my cotton boxers.

The sky is composed of about 4-5 different shades of gray from the light to the not so light but not threatening dark either...  at least not yet anyway as they are calling for thunder showers today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...