Thursday, September 3, 2020

Ethnic Breakdown in USA



Hispanic and Latino (of any race): 15.3%

Non-Hispanic white: 63.4%

Black or African American: 13.4%  Source:  US Census





Henry Louis Gate Jr. researched our family heritage and on our father's side of the family, he noted during his presentation to us that we were "as white as white could be" having a paper trail back to Charlemagne.  

If I am as white as white can be then why am I being referred to as a Non-Hispanic white?

I don't really resent what is happening in America, I just find it distasteful and it makes me angry and I am sure that I am not alone in this feeling.  And, the more I am classified and put into a category that I should not be in, the anger increases.

I am white.
I am NOT A NON HISPANIC WHITE
I am NOT A NON BLACK OR AFRICAN AMERICAN WHITE
I am white.

I will not protest in the streets because you call me a non Hispanic white nor will I riot or loot your businesses and shops.  I will not want to tear down your statues or change the names of your social clubs.  I will not plead to Congress to change the laws or force others to accept me as I am...

I will just suffer quietly and resent the hell out of how you have labeled me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...