Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Retired and SAFE


Life in East TN is NOT LIKE:  New York City, Seattle, Portland, Chicago, or Atlanta and quite frankly, I am glad as well as fortunate that life is not like those other big cities.

Why?

  1. Taxes
  2. Quality of Life
  3. Living Expenses
  4. Number of People
  5. Number of Vehicles
  6. Amount of Pollution
  7. Amount of Crime
  8. Close Proximity of Neighbors
  9. Travel Times
  10. Standing in lines
Notice...  I did not mention DRUGS because we have our fair share of drugs in this area so there is no sense in mentioning it.

COVID is not as prevalent in East TN as it is in other big cities and not because we wear face masks because a lot of people don't here, but because we simply do not have that many people with whom to come into contact who may have traveled overseas.

Our Law Enforcement is not like the cops in those big cities because we do not have the level of crime so there is little need for them to ever use force.

Being Retired, my monthly income goes FARTHER here than it would in almost any other place in which a group of people are living.

I can walk around my community or neighborhood at night without the fear of being attacked.

Being Retired is all about QUALITY OF LIFE and being able to MEET ONE'S NEEDS.  I have both of those easily met.  We have CIA trained chefs in this area and I can eat a 3 course meal for $20-$25.  Healthcare in Knoxville relative to cancer treatments uses the same kind of up-to-date treatment that MD Anderson developed in their clinical trials.   There is minimal pollution.  And, thanks to the PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT during our Great Depression, East TN is LOADED with LAKES.  In fact, I live between two of the largest lakes:  Douglas and Cherokee.

At 72 years of age, I am content and happy and safe.  I wear a face mask if and when I decide to go somewhere other than my doctor's appointments.  I have a pool, hot tub, gazebo, sauna, and an acre of land and my neighbors are 100 feet away from me on my horizontal sides and on my vertical sides they are more than 2 football fields.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...