Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Time Heals All Wounds






Time heals all wounds is simply not an accurate statement...  at least for me it is not.  Underlying this phrase are two words:   forgive and forget.  And, while some might say that forgive is a Christian concept, I don't agree with that because to forgive is simply saying that you will not hold it against that person any longer.

TO FORGIVE is to stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.

Whereas Forgiveness in Christianity is a manifestation of submission to Christ and fellow believers. ... This is based on the belief that God forgives sins through faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ in his death (1 John 2:2) and that, therefore, Christians should forgive others (Ephesians 4:32).

It has been 30 years since I left my home in NC and 17 years since I was divorce from my first wife and while, at least for the most part, I have stopped feeling angry towards her, I have never forgotten what she did especially after saying that she would not do what she did...

It has been almost 20 years since my father died and while I have FORGIVEN him for what he did to me as a child, I have not FORGOTTEN...  mainly because his behavior still haunts me and torments my actions and subsequently my behavior towards others close to me.

I suppose since one FORGETS and becomes LESS ANGRY that one's wounds are healed by time, but it is a loose interpretation of the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...