Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Natural Remedies for Bipolar Disorder


The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) estimate that around 2.6 percent of people in the United States have bipolar disorder, and nearly 83 percent of cases are severe. On average, it starts when a person is 25 years old.

A person with bipolar disorder experiences times of severe depression and times of mania, or “high” mood. The risks during a low mood include an inability to function at work and in other areas of life.

During mania, the person may be at risk of making reckless decisions. If the mood becomes too high or low, psychosis can develop.

There is no cure for bipolar disorder, but treatment enables people to manage it. Some lifestyle adaptations can also help, alongside the medication.

Natural Remedies Include, but not limited to:
  1. Sleep
  2. Diet
  3. Exercise
  4. Moderation
  5. Omega-3
  6. Magnesium
  7. Vitamin C
  8. Folic Acid
SOURCE:  Medical News Today

Personally, I refuse to take medication because of the personality changes it creates inside me and have tried (sometimes successfully and sometimes not so successfully) to mentally manage my own control by simply dealing with it and hiding it, as best as I can, from others.  When I was not successful, I was just referred to as an ASSHOLE and no one ever thought that my behavior might be associated with being bipolar.

I have also exercised and controlled my diet as well as meditated or isolated myself away from others.  Stress was a trigger for me and now that I am retired, most of my stress has been eliminated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...