Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

OUR MOTHER LOVED DAISIES
My mother who was also the mother of my brother and sister so she is really our mother I guess, died about 5 years ago at the age of almost 96 of what we were told was natural causes, even though her doctors were not treating her for Lymphoma because of her age.  I always thought that it was curiously interesting that we both had Lymphoma.

MY MOTHER taught me an appreciation for the ARTS that she did not share with my brother or my sister for some reason, giving me my love of poetry and literature.  Her favorite poem was by Edna St. Vincent Milay.

I BURN MY CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS
IT MAY NOT LAST THE NIGHT
BUT AH MY FRIENDS
AND WOE MY FOES
IT GIVES A PRETTY LIGHT


When I was a new teenager and got in trouble with the police, she took me to Church to the main altar and made me get down on my hands and knees and begs for GOD's FORGIVENESS...  after that I swore to myself that once I left home, I would never darken the inside of a church again...  my promise was never upheld...

Isn't it odd what one remembers?

Our mother ended her days at a SENIOR LIVING FACILITY where she took good care of all the inmates and they took good care of her...  she was WELL LIKED, LOVED, and APPRECIATED.  She never graduated from college but she was well read and could hold her own with any PhD on any topic in the Humanities.

She influenced me more than our father did...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...