Thursday, October 8, 2020

Social Media

I have been a member of LinkedIn and Facebook for almost 20 years in the former and over 20 years in the latter and both of my accounts were hacked and the verification number was changed so once I logged out I had no way of getting back inside.  I am not sure why I was hacked...  it could have been random or it could have been targeted.  Since each profile is based upon a unique email address and/or phone number, I have no way of creating a new account...  so, for all intents and purposes my days on both those social media forums is OVER...

However, my only purpose being on those forums was to share my personal and/or political views and since very few people read my postings and/or comments anyway, leaving those 2 forums is no great loss other than "killing time" by scrolling through the postings of others...

It is a new day out there with all this cyber crime and hacking going on simply because people have the technical expertise to take something away from someone else and complicated passwords do not really protect anyone because there are other ways to get inside and demonize people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...