Thursday, October 22, 2020

A Country Without Laws

I remember growing up in a neighborhood where all the boys would get together and play "cops and robbers" or "cowboys and Indians" and if you were on one side on Saturday, then you were on the other side the following Saturday.  I suppose that was fair even though there were some of us who made better cops than robbers and some of us who made better Indians than cowboys but those were our rules and we followed the rules...

As I got older, I developed a healthy disrespect for the cops as I saw them brutalize protestors or give speeding tickets to those who barely exceeded the speed limit just because they could.  I also witness them use excessive force even when excessive force was not necessary simply because the victim was a male with long hair.

I was personally involved in protests in Washington, DC during the Vietnam War and was caught in the middle during the race riots in Alexandria, VA and in Greensboro, NC because of some unnecessary use of voice against black people.  There were whites that supported the blacks but there were also whites that stood up against the blacks.  

In all the protests that I witnessed DRUGS WERE INVOLVED.

LOGICALLY, I know that law enforcement is set up to enforce the laws and to help people who are being victimized, but more often than not, there is a disdain for law enforcement and this disdain typically revolves around the fact that LAWS ARE NOT ENFORCED EQUALLY...  but, if they were, I believe things would have been a little different.

  • Black people are targeted
  • Poor people are targeted
  • Uneducated people are targeted
  • Out-of-State people are targeted
I am a rule breaker...   I have always been a rule breaker...   Rules are generalized and don't cover all the exceptions that may arise which is one of the biggest reasons not to have so many rules.  But, we are a society of rules and law enforcement's job is to enforce those rules, NOT TO INTERPRET THEM...  and, therein lies our biggest complaint...

If the LIBERALS have their way and at some point-in-time, they will have their way, simply because they have more votes than CONSERVATIVES, then law enforcement will be REDUCED IN SIZE AND IN POWER simply because the black man/woman has typically been their targets.

THIS OPENS THE DOOR
FOR THE REST OF US TO 
BREAK THE LAW(S)......  



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...