Friday, November 13, 2020

A Theory of TRUTH

Our online dictionary defines truth as:

  1. the quality or state of being true
  2. that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality
  3. a fact or belief that is accepted as true.
Don't ya just love dictionaries...  a state of being true...  not sure what the hell that means but it will work for a test.  Numbers 2 and 3 are equally as vague...

I have always been told that TRUTH IS THAT WHICH CAN ONLY BE PROVEN IN COURTS OF LAW...  so, if it cannot be proved in court, then it ain't true in accordance with fact or reality or that which has been accepted.

A College History Professor once told me that THE COUNTRY THAT WON THE WAR WROTE THE HISTORY BOOKS...  which may or may not be in accordance with the truth or the reality of that truth which is what we find in our history books about the CIVIL WAR,  WWI and WWII which is always from the perspectives of the WINNERS...  and, never the LOSERS, unless it is years later when writers decide to investigate the truth and dig deeper.

Our existence is proof of the truth that we are alive.
  1. Is that truth an illusion or a reality?
  2. Are we really alive now or truly alive only after we are dead?
The French Philosopher Descartes once said:  I THINK THEREFORE I AM and used this thought process of proof that he existed at that particular point-in-time.
  1. Did our CIVIL WAR begin over slavery or because the South wanted to leave the union and President Lincoln needed their tax revenues?
  2. Did President Lincoln free the slaves in the South because he was opposed to slavery or because he needed their bodies in the Union Army?
  3. Which truth is evidence(fact) of your reality about our Civil War?
I have always wondered if my parents always told me the truth because there were several truths that I hid from my daughter when she was growing up.  I have also wondered if our Priests, Ministers, and Pastors are telling us all the religious truth there is to know and if they are not...  well, that concerns me because I really would like to know that truth for sure.
  1. Was Jesus wealthy or poor as a result of the valuable gifts he was given as a baby?
  2. Did Jesus really feel pain while he was on the cross being the son of God and all?
  3. Is Heaven located in another dimension other than our own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...