Thursday, July 23, 2020

Opening Up America

When I was in the hospital and because of the unknown source of my infection, my doctors ordered a COVID-19 test that resulted in a nurse ramming a Q-tip way up into my nose and moving it around a little.  Two days later, I was informed that I was COVID-19 negative.  Of course, I could have told the doctors that was the case because I hardly ever left home since February, even though my wife and I spent a week at Myrtle Beach.  

COVID-19 has changed our lives forever and we may NEVER return to that point-in-time where we behave like we used to behave, that is to say:
  • wearing face masks
  • social distancing
  • attending classes
  • attending sports events
  • disinfecting surfaces
  • washing hands often
  • going to a crowed restaurant
  • going to a move theater
I heard this morning that Professional Baseball was actually going to have a shortened season with one big difference and that is that CARDBOARD CUTOUTS of spectators were going to sitting in the seats instead of real people.

How long is this going to last?

How long will owners pay those high salaries without spectators contributing to the revenue?

High Schools are talking about starting school in the FALL because COVID-19 does not have a serious impact on the young, but what about them being carriers of COVID-19 and what about the health impact on the teachers and administrators.  And, more importantly, most of these high school classes have a 40:1 student:teacher ratio.

As we OPEN UP AMERICA, more and more COVID-19 cases are being reported which has little to do with the fact that we are doing more testing and everything to do with AMERICANS not wearing face masks and social distancing...

BUT HELL...  we are Americans and we don't like being told what to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...