Sunday, July 5, 2020

Don't Necessarily

I don't necessarily care for President Trump because of his ego, his attitudes, his personality, his behavior, his comments, or his tweets... and, to be quite honest with you, I did not vote for him but then again, I did not vote for Hillary either...


[An Aside]:  I have not voted in the US of A in any election since Ronald Reagan was elected President because from 1963 until whatever time you want to put at the end 1990, 2000, 2010, 2020...  absolutely NOTHING HAS CHANGED in the US of A...  that is to say that whether we elect Democrats or Republicans, the EXACT SAME ISSUES that existed in 1963 still exist in 2020...  
For example:
  1. we still have inequality
  2. we still have racism
  3. we still have police brutality against blacks
  4. we still have problems with education K-12
  5. we still have a wealth gap that is increasing
  6. we still have rising healthcare costs
If you don't believe me do a GOOGLE SEARCH...  I was 16 in 1963 and because of my parents and the Civil Rights Movement of the early 60's, I was keenly aware of what was going on in the USA...  


SO, I WAS THERE...   in 1963

I AM HERE ...  in 2020

And...  nothing has changed...


HOWEVER, even since Donald Trump became President and before COVID-19 (which was not his fault), I have personally witnessed:
  1. the best employment levels we have ever experienced
  2. the best unemployment levels we have ever experienced
  3. the highest rise in the Stock Market (which I know is relative and always increasing, but...)
  4. the best trade deals with foreign nations ever negotiated
  5. the best US Military Strength ever
  6. the lowest tax requirement in my lifetime
  7. the best US economy ever
MY FEARS FOR 2020 ARE SIMPLE:
How will that change if Biden becomes President
  • Taxes will increase
  • Government handouts will increase
  • Government regulations on businesses will be re-instituted
Note:  the above is what Biden has stated he will do

On the other side of the coin, if Trump does get elected, in 2024, the Democrats will no doubt take back most everything as this has been exactly what has happened in the past...  and, what I fear will happen now will happen then anyway...  so, what difference does it make...  other than in the POCKETBOOK because nothing else ever changes.

LESSON LEARNED HERE:  LOOK OUT FOR YOURSELF...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...