Tuesday, March 16, 2021

COVID Cooking

Like most individuals and/or couples, my wife and I have pretty much spent the last year inside the house 24/7 except leaving the house for doctor appointments, grocery shopping, and going out for breakfast about 6 times...  otherwise, we are inside the house doing "our thing" whatever that might be...  but, I can assure you that we have spent more time watching Cable, Netflix, and Hulu than every before.  When shows are not being watched, I write on my blogs or I spend time cooking.  

When I am cooking, I always start with the following:
1 large onion
1 large bell pepper
1 large tablespoon of garlic
3 stalks of celery
1 cup of mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
Note:  All of these items are typically diced

To this mixture, I can add all sorts of ingredients...  bearing in mind that I can add all of these ingredients or I can add just one or two of them:
  1. White Beans
  2. Kidney Beans
  3. Pinto Beans
  4. Black Beans
  5. Broccoli
  6. Kale or Spinach
  7. Small Peas
  8. Lima Beans
  9. Diced Tomatoes
  10. Diced Potatoes
  11. 1/3  or 1/2 Cup of Rice
  12. Diced Chicken Breasts/tenders
  13. Sausage
  14. Lentils
Note:  I can make this soup-like mixture watery or thick depending upon how I feel at the time

Of course, I also make a lot of omelets fully loaded with meats and veges as well as sausage, eggs, and grits.

Not too long ago, I made LASAGNA with turkey burgers, Ricotta, cheese mixture, and spinach and even though it was my first attempt it turned out pretty good.  I did however forget to cook my flat noodles before putting them in the dish but they cooked all the way through anyway.

My food conglomerations don't always taste that good because I rarely ever follow a recipe...  the only time I remember following a recipe was when I made bread in a Dutch Oven.  It turned out good and had a crust on top and did not crumble when cut.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All postings for this blog will appear on my blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all of the internal page links have been switched.  This bl...